1. The population makes no use of courts, bureaucracies, or any vestiges of state power, control and domination
2. No taxes are paid, not income, sales, property. Nada.
3. The police rarely leave their cars. Arrests are disastrous as crowds inevitably gather and free arrestees. Arrestees and convicts are no longer viewed as criminals, rather they are seen as hostages held by the state.
4. In health emergencies people call for medical help directly, in safety emergencies they rely on neighbors or local defense associations. People forget what 911 does.
5. No one votes. Elections often produce only a handful of eligible voters and even less would-be politicians.